Microsoft is continuously working to make Azure the best cloud platform for big data, including Apache Hadoop. In order to make this happen, Microsoft delivers a comprehensive set of solutions such as the Hadoop-based solution Azure HDInsight and managed data services from partners, including Hortonworks and Cloudera.
Cloudera is recognized as a leader in the Hadoop community, and Cloudera Enterprise has achieved Azure Certification. As a result of this certification, organizations are able to launch a Cloudera Enterprise cluster from the Azure Marketplace.
Microsoft’s partnership with Cloudera allows customers to use the Hadoop distribution of their choice while getting the cloud benefits of Azure. It is also a sign of the company’s continued commitment to make Hadoop more accessible to customers by supporting the ability to run big data workloads anywhere – on hosted VM’s and managed services in the public cloud, on-premise or in hybrid scenarios.
In this blog post, we provide various tutorials and resources about Cloudera on Azure. We will be updating this post with new information whenever possible.
Cloudera provides an enterprise-ready, open source distribution that includes Apache Hadoop and related projects. Cloudera Enterprise includes CDH, the world’s most popular open source Hadoop-based platform, as well as advanced system management and data management. This massively scalable platform unites storage with an array of powerful processing and analytics frameworks and adds enterprise-class management, data security, and governance. Cloudera Enterprise includes core elements of Hadoop (HDFS, MapReduce, YARN) as well as HBase, Impala, Solr, Spark and more.
How To Deploy Cloudera Enterprise
Cloudera Enterprise can be deployed with a single click from Azure Marketplace, or from a Azure Resource Management template hosted on GitHub with additional level of control for customization.
Cloudera on Azure Tutorials
Also See: Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub – Express Edition
Cloudera Express on Azure is the best and fastest way to start your Hadoop proof–of–concept. Some of its key benefits include:
- Powerful – Store, process and analyze all your data to drive competitive advantage
- Efficient – Unify your compute and data to improve operational efficiency
- Open – Build with the world’s most popular and comprehensive open source software distribution
- Simple – Ease your deployment and operations with centralized administration
Learn more about Cloudera Express.
Cloudera on Azure Webinar
Don’t miss: How to Run Cloudera Enterprise on Microsoft Azure webinar. It will be running live on 10 May 2016.
What you will learn:
- Organisations that are finding success with Cloudera Enterprise on Azure.
- How to deploy and configure your Cloudera cluster on Azure.
- How to to ensure your data is secure and governed in the cloud.
- How you can get started recognising value from your Azure data.
Cloudera on Azure Resources